Sunday, December 06, 2009

Super Trooper...

Karys (pronounced “Care Isssss”) is a Senior from Randolph HS… she came to us through our Sr Rep, Shannon (thanks a bunch, Shannon)…. When we first met Karys (a few weeks ago), she was under the weather (sick), and was kind of out of it… we didn’t get a lot of details about the session during the pre-consultation… I really didn’t know what to expect… Well, when she showed up, WOW… she didn’t even look like the same person… Her hair was fantabulous (a different color), and I thought she was a super model (I know I’m exaggerating a little, but it was like night and day)….they say good things come in small packages, well, Karys is pure evidence of that… Anyway, the weather had been gloomy the day before (snow and 26 degrees), but today it was sunny and cold… the temps were in the upper 40’s (that’s cold for South Texas in early Dec.). We started in the garage, went across the road, then headed to a new Nature Park in Cibolo (a few miles from here)… I knew Karys would be cold so we provided a throw shawl for her…. She is definitely a trooper… You could see the goose bumps on her arms… we’d shoot a little, let her get warm, shoot, etc… the park is a pure & natural beauty (that’s why I chose it for her)… I can’t leave without mentioning the flower field (yes, flowers in December, only in Texas).. I saw this field a couple of weeks ago, and hoped that it would still be there now…. The Good Lord, allowed them to stay, but what we didn’t realize, is that they are weeds… and they stink… I’m talking sewage stink… and Karys, being the trooper that she is, didn’t complain, carried on, and took some fabulous images… I bribed her a little (hot chocolate on a cold day is like gold), so her mental toughness stayed focus on the reward. All in all, Karys is a wonderful young lady, we all braved the cold temps, and the images turned out vunderbar… More on the site…. Click here to watch a short video of the session… Enjoy….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have to say I'm in love with your work!! I really appreciate you taking my senior pictures and I've had tons of comments on everybody I've shown..:]

Karys

Captured Keepsakes said...

Karys, you are a special young lady... I hope all the comments you've received are good ones ;) I'm so glad you're pleased with our services... Even if you had to brave the cold and stinch on the sewer flower field... hehehehe... you're still our number one Super Trooper... We'll be seeing you soon...