Thursday, January 01, 2015

Winter Stay in Garner State Park - Captured Keepsakes Nature Photography

Every winter we get to visit Garner State Park. Camping in the Winter can be very cold, but it can also be sunny and warm. We got both types of weather in the 4 days we were there. Every morning I get up and wonder the park looking for great images. The scenery is breath-taking. The Frio River runs through the park and it's lined with Bald Cypress trees. Their roots cover the ground showing a glimpse of the underground vascular system and lifeblood of these flora giants. The key to getting great images is the willingness to get into the right position. For example, to get the river image below, I had to get into the water. I wore knee high rubber boots and waded across the rock filled bottom to get to the position I wanted. One of the boots sprang a leak. A slow methodical drip soaked my foot in the frigid water. But I toughed it out to get the shot. When I got back, I had a fire waiting to warm me up and help dry out the wet sock. Some times, going where most people won't go to get the shot rewards me with an image I'll be proud of. The secret to great images (ones you love) is first having a vision, then the willingness to get into position to get it. I've posted several images below.... Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love when you share your vacation pictures! Hope you all are well! Khrista