Thursday, January 03, 2008

Karen and John....

We had the privilege of photographing Karen and John's wedding last weekend. The weather was beautiful, sunny in the upper 50's. As we drove up, Michelle saw these incredibly beautiful flowers in front of the church. Actually across the parking lot. She asked me if there was a way I could use them for a picture. I planned on using them, but when the cars parked for the ceremony, they blocked the view. So I thought all was lost. Then after the ceremony, we kept the bride and groom for a few images in front of the church, but there was one car still there, belonging to an older gentleman that had come for the 5:30 pm service. Out of nowhere, he walked out of the church and moved his car. I didn't ask, he just did it. It's as if God told him to move his car so we could capture the beauty of the flowers, the church, and the bride and groom. I was amazed.... The entire day went by so fast, and we finished outside the church again (after the reception). This time it was dark and cold. The church was decorated with lights, which is done every year, but this is the first year, we actually got the opportunity to photography it with an actual bride and groom. I was excited. The images turned out great, and I know Karen and John are going to love them.... Congratulations K & J, may your marriage be a blessing and a constant reminder of what love is all about.....

No comments: