Sunday, March 02, 2008

April in March....

They say after Winter comes Spring. Well, April came early this year, actually in March (hehehehe). April was a true delight to work with. She was very relaxed and kept this sassy and comical conversation going with her mom throughout the session. April’s eyes are extraordinary. I would have to say that they rank right up there with the best of the best. We started out in the garage. When she first sat down to start the session it was like, “wow”, her eyes just jumped right into the camera. I didn’t have to do much, except just make sure the camera was focused. She loves to read, so we then proceeded to pick a spot for the “book shots”. The sun was in and out of the clouds, so dealing with the light kept me on my “technical toes”. The light was just about down, actually behind the house, but not behind clouds, when that magical moment happened. I did use a gobo to block some of the backlight, which helped give a little modeling to the face, but the rest was God’s handy work. We then went to the front of our property and I decided to use strobe and catch the last part of the sunset. At first I didn’t like the image, you know how trustworthy that little LCD screen on the back of the camera is, but when I looked at the images full screen, I loved the second image I took. We wrapped things up with a cap and gown pose (and I won’t give details about the attempt to toss the cap into the air). The images are some of my best, of course it helps to have a photogenic model. I hope April and Tina likes ‘em. I sure do….. More on the website….

No comments: