Sunday, February 22, 2009

A West Texas Gem....

Kolby is the third young lady from West Texas to drive in for her senior portraits in the last year and a half. She described herself having "honey brown" eyes. I didn't know what color "honey brown" was. Well, now I do.... and I'll always think of Kolby when I see anyone with extraordinarily, golden-glowing, honey brown eyes (absolutely gorgeous). Rodeo is a major part of her life, so I planned much of the session to incorporate it (it's a shame I couldn't photograph her with her horse). If I were to describe her, I'd say, being tough is important to her. She's got a long list of injuries due to her participation in rodeo. The thing I like best about her is her honesty. It may come across a little rough at times, but you can always count on her telling you what's on her mind. The day started out rainy and overcast, but later turned sunny. The only problem was the wind, 20-30 mph (a photographer's nightmare). Wanting most of her portraits outside, I made a plan, and fortunately for the first part, had two extra people to help with all of the photographic accessories. We went to the creek, then the hay barn, then on to the old barn a few miles up the road. We finished up inside... Kolby and her mom are troopers... at the end of the session they looked like they were exhausted. Fortunately, they weren't driving all the way home. I think I captured some portraits of her that show her personality and true beauty. For some reason, I love West Texas, and getting to know people from there, makes me want to visit more and more.... Enjoy.... more on the site......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now when the wind blows, you'll think of me ;) haha. Thank you so much for everything, the pictures are amazing!
-kolby

Captured Keepsakes said...

Kolby, the pictures are amazing because you are an amazing young lady.... Never forget that...