Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Alex(andra) the great...

Alex is a Senior at JM. I had the fortune of having her in one of my classes way back when... She's actually been in several movies and does some radio advertising, as well as acting. Alex is a joyful and friendly young lady. She does have her blonde moments, but her honest disposition and charm trump them as soon as they happen. I asked her where she sees herself 10 years from now, she says in California with her family (I assume acting in big time movies). We had a cool front blow in so our normal 103 temps weren't abundant, it was a cool 98 degrees (we'll take a few degrees cooler any day). Alex had the 6 outfit package, so we planned to start inside and then go out as the sun got lower and temps dropped a little. Her tutu was adorable. I've never seen a grown person look so cute in one of those before (remember, I don't get out much). Anyway, all of her outfits were excellent choices. As we were coming back into the studio after it got dark, Alex mentioned that her hoodie outfit would go great with the Graffiti wall. I thought, "It's totally dark outside, what is she thinking?" Then I reached back into my brain and grabbed all of that Strobist info I always seem to love to browse through and I told her okay. Five strobe flashes and one flashlight (for focusing) later, and wall-lah. Those images are totally cool. I don't think I took one bad image (of course I did, but no one will ever see them). To wrap it up, I learned a few of Alex secrets; her beauty secrets to be exact (don't worry, I'll never tell). The session was a blast, and the images are even better... Posted a few on the site... Enjoy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. Slate...
Thank you for such a wonderful experience! I had so much fun taking these pictures especially when i got to dance! :D You were so good with me and took the best pictures I have ever seen ! And Mrs.Slate entertained both my mother and i the whole time ! Shes the cutest most helpful mommy ever! Ok so i love Gerber :) you cought me its my secret . I appreciate all your time and effort your an amazing health teacher and photographer, i will have you my senior year for computer class too! I highly recommend for everyone to have Mr.Slate take your pictures, hes extreemly talented :) Considering it was pitch BLACK when he took the graffiti picture! And they came out great with the distractions of a bat chasing both Michelle and my mom! :) Thank you so much you will definetally be taking my wedding pictures !

Anonymous said...

With love,
Alexandra Castruita :)


...sorry i left it anonymus! haha another blond moment ;D