Thursday, November 05, 2015

Action Jackson: The Ultimate Optimist - San Antonio, Central Texas High School Senior Portraits

Jackson came to us from SACS. We did his family portrait when he was five. He's changed a little since then ;) . Jackson is humorous, witty, animated, and totally optimistic. I asked him to explain his optimism, and he just replied, I see the best or positive in every situation. I told him of a situation that helps make his optimism easy to understand. The scenario, he gets up early one morning craving orange juice. When he gets to the kitchen, he finds out that there's only a tiny bit of OJ left in the frig. His response, I'd drink the little bit and wait till tomorrow to drink more. He just found out that he was accepted to attend Baylor University. He wants to study Digital media, which is the path to his goal of becoming a director or movie maker. He says he wants to create documentaries to help educate people and make a difference. His ultimate dream job would be to work with Steven Spielberg on a movie. As far as the session went, he brought his dog, which was funny because the dog didn't exactly do what we planned, but we got several great shots of him with his beloved pooch. We then went inside to create some images that would capture what he wants to become, a director. Jackson, you are full of life, you bring joy to all those around you (I speak for myself on this one). You're parents have done a tremendous job bringing you up. You have the right mindset, and guidance to make a huge difference in this world. I see a bright future ahead of you, so put on your shades, and hold firm to your faith, and your dreams. The movies you'll help make will make a difference. How do I know this? Let's just say, the little time I was with you, I saw a young man on a mission. Your passion for creating and your faith will make it happen, and I'm sure you'll entertain and bring joy to all around you in the process. You can see more of him here (video), and on our website as well....

No comments: