Monday, April 06, 2009

Dani Girl.....

Dani is a senior at JM. I have her in my class. When I first met her (at the beginning of the year), I thought “this girl is special”. She's always wanting to help others… Why can’t we all have this kind of attitude? Anyway, I’d call her mother hen, always tending to others. Since then, we’ve formed a special friendship… M says she reminds her of Minnie Driver. Dani wanted something different. I informed her of the current fad “trash the dress”, and her eyes lit up like a like a firecracker on the 4th of July. She wanted to use a gorgeous dress that she had previously worn. There was a stain on it, so she got the okay from higher authorities. We planned her outfits (a sun dress, shorts and her Texas State t-shirt, and TTD prom dress). She wanted to display a necklace that her grandparents had given her (swarvorski or something like that), with her sun dress. She also wanted to have some images taken of her fishing, since she is a true outdoors woman. We started inside for some close-ups of the necklace and dress. We then went outside to the swing and tree. She changed outfits, then we went to a pond (thanks D), where she could fish. The light there was simply amazing (weather forecast – gusting winds 35mph, but the good Lord held it off until evening). We were truly blessed with the weather (perfect). We made it back to the studio for some cheerleading images. Finally, all the planning and organizing came to fruition. She put the dress on and we headed over to my friend’s house. We borrowed his four-wheeler and headed to the area. I soaked down the dirt area and turned it into a perfect environment for a beautiful girl in an elegant dress to dirty it up (yeah!!). As Dani was rolling around in the mud to dirty herself up, I thought “Isn’t there a place where people go to get famous mud baths?” Well, now we have the famous “Woman Hollering Mud baths” (that’s the name of the creek near by). Dani even said that it smelled really good (must be a girl thing). Anyway, we had the time of our lives… Dani was totally covered in mud, and I was just enjoying her enjoying riding the four-wheeler. She was doing spinouts, mud was flying everywhere, and I was smiling, snapping away. When we finished, her mom sprayed her down with the hose, and that was hilarious. I will have to say, this session has to be one of the most enjoyable, exciting, and satisfying I’ve ever done. The images are out of this world…. I know she’ll love ‘em. I love ‘em…. Dani, as they used to or still say (remember I’m out of the circle) “You are the bomb.” More on the web…. Enjoy….


No comments: