Saturday, April 03, 2010

Totally Tonya....

Tonya is a senior at JM… She’s one of my CK Reps this year… I had the privilege of having her in one of my classes last year… She’s a PAL, and a very good student…. She has a good sense of humor and wants to study animals is Africa, becoming the next Jane Goodall…. I don’t know if she meant that or not (like I said sense of humor), but I’m sure she’ll succeed at whatever she does… Tonya wanted different images… so that’s what we gave her…. We borrowed a field of oak trees and bluebonnets from a fellow country livin’ neighbor… I came up with this idea just for her… Tonya wore this beautiful white, long-flowing dress in the oak tree area… when I took the first image I knew we had something special… my wife said, “wow, she looks like Halle Berry” (hopefully that’s a compliment, at least for looks sake)…. We then moved to the bluebonnets (I mean an entire field of them)… Tonya stepped on a sticker and had it in her foot for a while (I won’t mention how she asked her mom to get it out ; )….. Anyway, we then went into some of the thicker oak tree area, and tried lighting the area up and have smoke flow through the backlit sun light…. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out (Tonya, you might need to find another way to test the direction of wind flow from now on, hehehehehe)… We still got some good images of her in her cool satin red dress… Forgot to mention the mosquitoes…. I know Tonya will never forget those… Tonya then wanted to sit and hang in a tree… we found the perfect limb and captured those shots too…. We finished up in the studio with the cap and gown traditional images… From stickers, to mosquitoes, to almost falling out of a tree, I think Tonya had a memorable experience… and got some fantastic images to boot…. Oh, forgot to thank Phillip for coming out and helping out…. Hope you learned something Phillip… click here to see a short video from the session, and here to view a few more on the site…. As Tonya would say, “Peace Out” ; )

No comments: