Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ardently Avid Amanda....

Amanda is a teacher at a local high school here in town. She’s an only child and her parents wanted some nice portraits of her to celebrate her upcoming birthday. I don’t photograph many adult individuals, but both of her parents are cancer survivors, so taking these portraits of her took on an entirely different meaning. This session caused several problems for me…. First, I didn’t know where to put her on my web site; she’s not a senior, not a model (even though she could be), she didn’t fit in any of my categories…. Second, there were so many fantastic images I racked my brain just trying to pick a few to put on the web site (that is, when I finally figured out where to put her)… Third, and this is really not a problem for me, but her enthusiasm and excitement was contagious…. The session went so well, and so long (I kept coming up with ideas; actually she came up with the ideas, I just pushed the button on the little black box), that she probably missed her date she had scheduled that evening…ooopsie...... Sorry about that Amanda…. (I know, I know, poor me..... starving people in the world, financial crisis, violence everywhere, I know there are some people reading this feeling sorry for me and my problems now...NOT). She was so excited she brought tons of ideas and things to go with them. Her dog was hilarious, it’s like he never saw open country before…. He ran and jumped, and played, and did the typical dog stuff… he’d run off, and when we couldn’t find him, he’d come back because he was so tired of running off…. Amanda had so many cool, fashionable, outfits… We had a blast, the images turned out fantabulous, and we made a new friend…. Amanda, now that you’ve gone through the experience, remember us when your students want cool and different senior portraits (plug-plug)… You're our new offical CK liason (did I spell that right?)for RHS. Thanks again, it was one portrait session we’ll never forget…. Hope you like the images… More on the site (under people/models/acting link)….. Enjoy….

P.S. Forgot to mention the funniest part of the session, I won't get into to details, but I know Amanda is glad I was the only one taking her picture that day.... hehehehehe.....



3 comments:

Telgenhoff Photographers said...

These are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVE the pictures!!!

My parents are so pleased with the ones you posted on the website, and they can't wait to see the others. My mom said, "They are better than I could've imagined--how are we ever going to choose?!"

I had such a wonderful time with you and Michelle...y'all were just so much fun. Even though it was a long day, it really didn't seem like it to me. I felt like a movie star!

We are all completely impressed with your attention to detail, creative vision, and undeniable passion for your art!

Thank you for a fantastic experience. You can count me for lots of Captured Keepsakes "plugs" at RHS and beyond :)

-Amanda-

*As a sidenote, I just have to say that I think you have an amazing family. You and Michelle worked so well together, and your kids are absolutely adorable. Look forward to seeing y'all (and the rest of the pictures) soon!

Captured Keepsakes said...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.... Amanda you are unique...