Friday, March 13, 2009

Lauren H....

Lauren is another JM '09 senior. She's on the Dollie Dance Team. She says that she's not graceful, but every time I asked her to change her position and pose, she'd get in this elegant, feminine position. I guess her dance background is such a part of her, she does it instinctively. The session was rescheduled (due to my illness back in Feb.), and the forecast for her session wasn't promising. It had been in the 80's all week, then boom, out of no where comes this 40 degree high, rainy, blustery day. Of course we made the best of it, but let's just say, we didn't spend that much time outside (burrrrrr...) The other thing that really stands out about the session was how nincompooped (yes, my spelling of it) I must have looked. Every time I made an adjustment (tried to block the wind, put a board down, adjusted a light stand, tried to get the gel color on the light to look right, etc...) something happened. I felt befuddled. To make a long story short, I stepped on a nail (yes right through the shoe and into the foot, tetnus shots aren't too painful), had a board come crashing down (no injuries), knocked a fastener off my lightstand, and the gelled light didn't look quite right. I just laughed and thought, "they must think I'm one of the three stooges." It was like the Apple Dumpling Gang met Dumb and Dumber. Enough of my rambling... The best part of the session was the fact that the images turned out great. You'd never know any of it happened.... got that Lauren (none of it happened... you had the best time of your life...... hehehe). Hopefully, mom likes the images..... More on the CK site.... Enjoy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. I have already forgotten the wind and the cold. Just like the day she was born, I look at those blue eyes, and forget all about the difficult part! I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Captured Keepsakes said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement... Look forward to showing you the rest.....