Saturday, March 28, 2009

Simply Jess.....

Jess is a Senior from ECHS. We’ve been acquaintances for a few years now. Her mom is great friends with our Sister-in-law in Florida. I remember her coming out to my in-laws home in the summer when she was about 12 (boy, does time fly or what?). Jess is an outdoorsy, extroverted, and resilient young lady. When she first arrived she was kind of quiet, but just like our previous senior, she came alive, got excited, and left with anticipation of viewing the images. I don’t know what I’m doing lately, but it seems to be working. We went down to the creek and while driving up, M spotted the backlit field of white flowers. I noticed the interplay of shadows and highlights, so we started there. We then made it to the water area. Took some images there and came back to the studio. I have to mention that the last time I was down at the creek, I got into some poison oak. Let me tell you, I’ve had it many times in my life, but this time I swelled up like a puffer fish (that is, the areas affected – I’ll spare you the oooozing details). We got back to the studio just in time for sunset. We sat Jess against the white fence and took some more images. The weather was windy (what do you expect, this is the year of the wind here in TX). The weird thing was, it was warm when we went to the creek, but when we returned the temp. dropped pretty quickly. Hopefully, the goosebumps aren’t too visible (hehehehehe). We finished up inside. I felt this is one of those sessions that I was blessed. The images truly captured Jess’s beauty. Hope she likes ‘em. More on the site. Enjoy…..

No comments: